ioluwatobi.blogspot.com

Thursday 29 August 2013

Tips for a successful day

1. Smile. You’ve probably heard about the importance of smiling, but as the saying goes “common sense is often quite uncommon.” I try to carry a smile with me on throughout the day. I find that not only does it make me happier, but it can make other people smile and open the door to conversations with people I haven’t talked to before.

2. Put First Things First: I try to avoid having my day controlled by tasks that are urgent , but not necessarily important. The habit of putting first things first is about organizing and executing your life around your deepest priorities.

3. Under-Promise and Over-Deliver: at work I try to go the extra mile on my projects, especially on the details many people might miss.  I set reasonable deadlines for myself and, when possible, try to get them done early.

4. Be Proactive: being proactive means showing initiative and taking the responsibility to make things happen. Whenever I want to get something done, I ask myself: “what can I do to make this happen?” even when you do not believe it to be your responsibility! 

5. Snack Well: Substitute chips, candy and chocolate with fruit, vegetables (carrots and celery are great to chomp on) and nuts.

6. Connect with Nature: I find spending time outdoors in nature is great for my sense of well-being. On work days I like to go for a walk during my lunch break.

7. Ping a Friend: I try to send a quick email or text to a friend each day. It’s a great way to stay in touch with friends when I am extremely busy.

8. Save: I save at least 10% of each pay. Even N5 p/d adds up! start a piggy bank if possible. Most importantly, before you spend money on something ask yourself "Is this money better saved?

No comments:

Post a Comment